Wednesday, November 10, 2010

This House Selling Thing..Let's talk about it.

I don't know. Our contract with the local realtor is almost up. I can tell you one thing for certain: we will not re list with them. They have a little less motivation than a rock. That being said, I've learned a few things: I'm good at making my home look/smell/feel/sound good. I am. I will bust my last knee to put forth my best effort because if I'm going to do something, I do it well. The second thing I learned is that Massena is it's own little microcosm and cliquish to the core. I am not from Massena and I never will be. Natives to the "north country" have localdar and a lot are quite cold and frankly, rude. No one smiles. Well, almost no one. It's a cold place, both in climate and personality, but I like it. It's beautiful. The St. Lawrence River makes things all better and washes away the yuck when I miss feeling like I'm part of a community. Well that little reason just took a big detour! I may not have ANY friends tomorrow :)
The third thing I've learned is that my house isn't small and has enough space for us......I've just been greedy and that is pure lousiness. The fourth thing I've learned is that if I'm going to pay major mullah for another house, then snap! it better not be the pieces of junk that I've been viewing. Are you kidding me? PUT THE MOUSE POISON AWAY BEFORE SHOWING YOUR HOUSE!! And you have not one piece of finish molding in this entire home 'built' in 1995 and you want 200 grand? The Pergo is peeling people! The Pergo is peeling. You can dress up a turd in a tuxedo, but in the end it's still a turd. Okay, let's see, what else.....there are some nicely priced quality newer homes available but 14 grand in real estate taxes? This coupon cutting cat ain't buyin'. I can't. That's just nuts.

1 comment:

  1. Attica's cheap and has inexpensive (Grandma) childcare. As well as 2 loving Grandpa's! And, and, uh, I'll buy you another dog! And a kitty! And I'll clean your litter box! And mow you lawn! And do your laundry.

    ReplyDelete