Monday, November 8, 2010

Alright, so, I buy this "Supergirl" 5 dollar t shirt at Walmart in honor of my Brody Bear who has LOVED superheroes since before he could talk..ha ha...bad joke....he was a very late talker. Okay, so since before he was potty trained......oh, no, my bad, he LOVED superheroes before he crapped and peed in the appropriate receptacle at 3 and a half years old!!! Anyhow, he has LOVED superheroes before he did much of anything at all besides fill every last nook and cranny of this old woman's crooked heart <3 (GOD, I LOVE THAT KID!!!) When I heard him coming down this morning it went a little something like this. I think you'll start to notice an underlying theme :)

Me: Brody!!!!!! Close your eyes!!!
He does. 
Me: Okay! Open them!
Brody: OHHH! Cool!!!
Followed by a big bear hug and then a closer inspection.
Brody: But Mom, you should pull up your shirt, I can see your crack.
Me: My crack?
Brody: Yeah, ya know, your crack, right there?
He motions every so carefully toward my clevage.
I look down, nothing's showing, but I pull it up a bit just to humor Mr. All-of-A-Sudden-I'm-So-Concerned-With- Modesty-But-I-Run-Around-Butt-Naked-With-My-Stuff- Dangling-In-The-Breeze. Hypocrite!! Hypocrite, I say! 
Me: There, is that better?
Brody: Yeah, but your stomach's too big
Again, to humor him, I suck it in as far as I can.
Me: How about that?
Brody: Umm, noooo. It's still too big.

I start to put more credence in the results of the recent scores of the Social Language Test he was administered. Said test indicated he had no concept of how to speak anything but the blunt truth and that he hadn't quite even begun to assimilate the many nuances of the English language. Really? I never could have guessed it!  

I have a laugh and walk away before I strangle the kid and think that next time I'll just by the t shirt that says "I'm not crazy, my kids are!" 

1 comment: