Monday, November 8, 2010

Thinking About It

I was making my morning fix of Green Mountain Dark Magic Espresso (WAY better than Starbucks, suprisingly!) and literally lol'd as I thought about how Ray and I first met and how we actually did show our true colors right off the bat. He showed his blackened eye as he smartly shielded himself from my aggressive onslaught with the sports page and I - OMG- asked him if he liked coffee, waving a bogo coupon to a local coffee shop. What a dork! Fill in the blanks of your imagination with the time of early afternoon, me behind the bar, he in his stool along with the local friendly drunks and peanuts and their cockroach attracting shells strewn through out the place. Oh yes, and lots and lots of smoke. Smoking was encouraged. Who wants patrons to step outside and not spend money on another drink? Not a bartender, especially one who smokes. Consequently, he did like coffee, but we didn't go for coffee, but we did go for each other. He reportedly left that place with more than peanut shells stuck in the soles of his shoes. He left with the conviction that he was going to make me his bride. ??!! I know, I was shocked when he told me 3 weeks later upon proposing <3 How could I resist this man? I couldn't, that wasn't the plan. We married 3 months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment