Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nurse Ratchet At Your Service

Dressing up for Halloween came a bit late. I donned my nurse's uniform last night...nope not the sexy one, the Nurse Ratchet is at your service one. Thank the Lord I had meds to put into action. My little Bear was like a balloon losing air and gasping for breath. Albuterol was minimally effective. We would have been at the ER if I hadn't insisted on the Dr. giving me an emergency supply of prednisone. The 40 mg. prescribed dosage did nothing after a half an hour. I forced another 20 into him and begged, "God please have mercy upon this little one!!!" In that instant his Daddy walked through the door from a football party and went into action: Not the frantic action of a half crazed I have one foot out the door already mother, but the peaceful, strong, healing presence of a Father in his role as Protector and Provider and even, Healer. I watched in rapt amazement as Brody's father massaged his head and applied acupressure and spoke peace over my 3rd born son's frantic search for revival: air to his lungs and calmness to his racing heart. The holiness that flowed from Jesus through my husband and into my boy was......I can't produce a word for it. I saw a Father's heart for his Son. Thank you Lord God for your Son! Thank you Lord God for our son. Thank you that through your stripes we are healed: sometimes instantly, sometimes through providential medicine, sometimes only in eternity. For those who believe we can stand on the promise of eternity. Lord Jesus, you rock my world. Literally solidifying my existence and purpose in you. Love, Laura 
Oh, I just have to add this little gem of preciousness: I awoke to 3 angels above me- the twins and Brody. Brody was dressed like a cowboy, undoubtedly following Temple Grandin's example. I let him view some of that most excellent movie the day before. Watch it and learn. It is awesome. He was whispering to his sisters, "Don't wake Mom up! She's sleeping! She was up all night taking care of me! If she didn't I could have died!" I'd do it every night for you, my most sensitive and stubborn one. I love you child and I will go to war for you. You will not be lost. You are an over-comer in Christ Jesus.


Now, to prep the house for a showing on 6 hours sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice. Wow, I didn't know he was still having problems. Did you even see Cuckoo's Nest?

    ReplyDelete